OUR PRODUCT RANGE
A TWO COMPONENT POLYSULPHIDE SEALANT
BS 4254 ; BS 5212 ; ASTM C 920
Perma Polyseal is a two part polysulphide sealant based on polysulphide resin, curing agents, select fillers, plasticisers and vulcanizing agents. When the base and curing agents are mixed it forms a uniform color mass which can either be poured on to the horizontal expansion joints or gunned into the vertical joint depending upon the grade. Essentially Perma Polyseal is available in two grades. Pour grade for horizontal application and gun grade for non slump vertical applications.
- Perma Polyseal is an expansion joint sealant useful in sealing horizontal as well as vertical joints.
- Perma Polyseal is used for sealing reappearing cracks on the roofs, shear cracks in the brickworks and joints in water tanks.
- Perma Polyseal is used for sealing gaps between the building material of different structures such as concrete and wood, glass and aluminum, and exterior glazings.
- Perma Poly seal is used in expansion joints varying between 6 mm to 50 mm.
- Perma Polyseal seals the joints and makes them watertight.
- Perma Polyseal accommodates the movement of structures because of expansion contraction and also because of deflections and settlements.
- Perma Polyseal is tough hence floor joints treated with Polysulphide can be trafficable.
- Perma Polyseal when dry gives an aesthetic smooth grey appearance.
- Perma Polyseal is resistant to chemical spillages and also resistant to Oils, Petrol, Diesel and Solvents.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- All joints to be sealed with Perma Polyseal should be dry, clean and free from any dirt, dust, rust, scale or any protective lacquer or grease.
- Expansion joint fill material (bitumen impregnated board) shall be tightly packed in position so that a clear joint depth as per joint design is available.
- As a thumb rule depth of joint is taken as half of its width and the depth is not less than 6 mm. A bond-breaking tape or cello tape is fixed on the joint fill board to avoid direct contact between Perma Polyseal and the Board.
- Apply masking tape on top surface on either side of the joint to avoid staining of neighbouring area.
- If the sides of the joints are porous and irregular use Polysulphide primer which is a two component material.
- Mix the two components and brush apply on the sides of the joint.
- When the primer becomes tack free apply or pour Perma Polyseal in the joint.
- Transfer the entire contents of the small curing agent pack to the larger pack of the base and mix thoroughly for five minutes by electric drill with blades or manually till a uniform consistency paste is obtained.
- Pour the mixed Perma Polyseal in the joints and finish the joints using rounded spatula or similar object to bring about a smooth surface and also remove any air which might have got entrapped during mixing.
- It is advisable to finish the surface slightly concave to keep the Perma Polyseal unaffected by heavy trolley movements.
|Milky White Paste
|Dark Brown/ black paste
|3 hours at 25°C
|Tack free Time
|24 Hours at 25°C
|+5°C to 40 °C
|-23°C to +100°C
|Shore A hardness at 25°c (full cure)
|Movement accommodation factor
|in butt joint 25 % in Lap joint 50 %
Coverage or the length of the joint sealed with one kg of Polysulphide depends on the width. The following table gives the coverage in meter per kg of Polysulphide for various joint thicknesses.
Chemical resistance of Perma Polyseal against various chemicals is as follows:
Perma Polyseal is available in 1 kg & 4 kg packings.
Perma Polyseal has a shelf life of 12 months if stored in manufacturer’s original packing
PERMA warrants that all products are free from any defects of manufacture and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. No warranty can be given as to the results of use because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of PERMA. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals to carry out tests & take trials to determine the suitability of products for their intended purpose prior to full scale usage of PERMA products and assumes all risks.
The company does not assume any liability for unsatisfactory results, arising from the use of our products. Purchaser’s sole liability is limited to replacement of product or refund of the purchase price paid if any product proven defective. No other warranties, express or implied, shall apply including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PERMA shall not be liable for any consequential damages arising from the use of our products for unsatisfactory results.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based on our experience through extensive research and is given in good faith in order to help prospective users. We reserve the right to update the information provided in our technical data sheet at any time without prior notice within the scope of technical progress or new developments.
Click the below Button to print the current page.