OUR PRODUCT RANGE
PERMA BOND SBR
HIGH STRENGTH REPAIR MORTAR AND BONDING AGENT
BS-5980: 1980 BS-5385: Part 4: 1992, Section 9.
Perma Bond SBR is an aqueous emulsion of Styrene Butadiene Copolymer latex, specially formulated for use with cement. SBR modifies the property of cement in mortars and in concrete to make them perform better. In terms of waterproofing, repair, corrosion inhibition, bonding, durability and wear resistance.
- Corrosion protection of steel.
- Floor screed and topping.
- Concrete and floor screed repairs.
- Waterproofing and tanking of basements.
- Bonding of old concrete to new concrete.
- Water resistant.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, steel, brick, stones. compatible with cement, high compressive, tensile and flexural strength.
- Resistant to ingress of salts, mineral oils etc. Non toxic. Suitable for use in potable water tanks.
- Excellent corrosion protection. Economical when compared with epoxy mortars.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Apply passivator coat of SBR+cement slurry.
- On a cleaned and prepared wet surface apply Perma Bond SBR bonding slurry.
- Apply Perma Bond SBR modified mortar by float or trowel to form an uniform smooth surface.
- Bonding slurry sets very fast hence modified mortar application should be fast and immediately after application of bonding slurry.
- Moist cure for 24 hours and then allow it to dry off.
- Coat Slurry = Cement 1 + SBR 1
- NOTE: Applied bonding slurry sets very fast.
- 1 ltr Perma Bond SBR with 1 kg of cement gives a slurry which covers 20 to 25 sq.ft.
Preparation: Passivator coat / Bond
- Cement : 1 kg
- Zone II Sand : 2.6 kg
- Perma Bond SBR : 200 ml
- Water : 150 ml
- Yield : 2.00 Litres
- This MORTAR looks very dry. No further addition of SBR or water to be added.
- Dosage of SBR can be varied between 5 ltrs to 15 ltrs. per 50 kg bag of cement depending upon application and severity of problem.
- 2 Itrs per 50 kg bag of cement is used in general plaster only as an admixture to produce crack free plaster.
This mortar covers 2.15 sq.ft. area if applied to a thickness of 10 mm.Note:
- Remove the cover concrete and cutback to the sound concrete zone.
- Remove all the rust from the reinforcement by mechanical means.
- Apply a passivator coat on the cleaned steel and leave it overnight.
- Apply one coat of SBR bonding slurry on the reinforcement and the surrounding concrete surface.
- When the bonding slurry is still tacky apply modified mortar by pressing in position using 10 litre SBR per 50 kg bag of cement.
- Modified mortar can be applied up to a thickness of 20 mm. For building up to higher thickness leave the first layer to dry overnight and apply second layer with one more coat of bonding slurry.
- Moist cure for 24 hours and allow it to dry off.
- Cutback to sound concrete surface and make the surface wet.
- Apply the bonding slurry and when it is still wet apply the SBR modified mortar.
- Feather edge to match the original floor level.
- In case of nosing carefully build up the edge and give a smooth finish.
- Moist cure for 24 hours and allow it to dry off.
- Vertical Joint: Apply SBR bonding slurry on the prepared wet old concrete vertical surface and pour the concrete.
- Horizontal joint: Pour and spread SBR bonding slurry on the wet old concrete surface to a thickness of 3.5 mm and pour fresh concrete.
- Apply SBR bonding slurry to the existing mosaic or ceramic floor and immediately spread cement paste or cement sand mortar or tile adhesive over it.
- Apply SBR bonding slurry to back of the tile and fix it in position.
Corrosion Repairs of Beams, Columns and Slabs:
Industrial Floor or Floor Duct Nosing Repair:
Bonding old Concrete to New Concrete:
Tile Over Tile:
|Solid content||:||40% ± 1|
|Solubility||:||Mixes with water|
|Application Temperature||:||Above 5°C|
|Particle size||:||0.17 micron|
PROPERTIES OF HARDENED MORTAR
Results obtained with hardened mortar after 28 days are as follows:
|Compressive Strength||40 to 45 N/mm2|
|Tensile Strength||6 to 8 N/mm2|
|Flexural Strength||9 to 11 N/mm2|
|Bond Strength Concrete To Mortar||1.8 to 2.2 N/mm2|
|Bond Strength Steel To Mortar||1.8 to 2.2 N/mm2|
Perma Bond SBR is available in 100 ml, 500 ml, 1 Litre, 5 Litre, 10 Litre, 25 Litre, 100 Litre and 200 Litre drum.
Perma Bond SBR has a shelf life of 24 Months from the date of manufacture.
PERMA warrants that all products are free from any defects of manufacture and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. No warranty can be given as to the results of use because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of PERMA. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals to carry out tests & take trials to determine the suitability of products for their intended purpose prior to full scale usage of PERMA products and assumes all risks.
The company does not assume any liability for unsatisfactory results, arising from the use of our products. Purchaser’s sole liability is limited to replacement of product or refund of the purchase price paid if any product proven defective. No other warranties, express or implied, shall apply including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PERMA shall not be liable for any consequential damages arising from the use of our products for unsatisfactory results.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based on our experience through extensive research and is given in good faith in order to help prospective users. We reserve the right to update the information provided in our technical data sheet at any time without prior notice within the scope of technical progress or new developments.
Click the below Button to print the current page.