OUR PRODUCT RANGE
PERMA MASTER BOND
TWO COMPONENT FILLERISED MOISTURE INSENSITIVE EPOXY CONCRETE BONDING AGENT
BS-5980: 1980 BS-5385: Part 4: 1992, Section 9.
Perma Master Bond is a two Component permanent epoxy adhesive for internal or external bonding or rendering, granolithic toppings, and concrete. The ultimate bond strength is greater than the tensile strength of concrete. Master Bond does not shrink and provides an even and stress free bond.
- Bonding old concrete to new concrete.
- Concrete and floor repair mortar.
- High strength.
- Non shrink.
- Resistant to chemical attack.
- Supplied in pre-weighted units.
- Solventless epoxy insensitive to moisture.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- All surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned and prepared. All loose particles, laitance, dust, curing compounds, floor hardeners, oil, grease, fat, bitumen and paint must be removed if good bond strength is to be achieved.
- Gloss surfaces must be abraded.
- If oil or grease is present, scrub surface with hot detergent water and rinse thoroughly.
- Where the concrete surface is badly disintegrating, the degraded areas should be removed by chipping, grit blasting, or scrabbling until a sound base is obtained.
- Remove loose particles and prepare as above.
- All laitence that has not been worn away should be removed by mechanical scarification, sandblasting or by acid etching.
- Visible signs of mould growth, lichen or algae should be removed and treated with a fungicidal wash.
- New concrete should have cured until the shrinkage and moisture movement is low Surfaces heavily impregnated with mould oil should be degreased and sandblasted or mechanically scarified to remove the contaminated surface.
- All curing compound should have disintegrated or be removed and application carried out only over clean, dust free surface.
- Carefully transfer the entire contents of the smaller container of REACTOR COMPONENT to the larger BASE COMPONENT and mix thoroughly, using a stout, palette knife or a slow running drill with a paint mixing paddle until uniformity is achieved.
- This normally takes two to three minutes.
- The material is ready to use 3 or 4 minutes after mixing.
- As the pot life is limited work should proceed quickly.
- Master Bond should be applied evenly across the whole surface with a clean, short haired paint brush.
- The contents of the can must be used within 45 minutes of mixing.
- On horizontal surfaces, lay the screed immediately after applying Master Bond.
- Rendering over 6 mm thick should be built up in several layers.
- Once the Master Bond has been applied, recognized methods of working may be adopted.
- It is essential that granolithic paving and sand cement renders and screeds are cured.
- This can be achieved by curing with a fine spray of clean water and polythene sheeting.
- Failure to observe these precautions may cause the render or screed to crack and craze.
- Since low temperatures retard the setting and curing of Master Bond, avoid working in cold weather if possible.
- Although Master Bond cures slowly at low temperatures, a temperature of 7°C can be considered to be the lowest at which work on vertical rendering may proceed satisfactorily without stuttering.
Note: Heat is generated after mixing Master Bond and the can may become too warm to hold.Guide to Application:
Rendering and Screeds:
Typical properties of Master Bond are as follows:
|1.60 at 25°C
|Approx. 1 hour
|Tack Free Time
|Within approx. 6 hours
|A) In Concrete 3 N/mm2
|B) In Steel 15 N/mm2
|+10 °C + 40°C
30 to 40 Sq. ft. per kg depending upon surface
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Master Bond should be handled carefully. Use of mask and hand gloves recommended.
Perma Master Bond is available in 1 kg and bulk packing on request.
Perma Master Bond has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
PERMA warrants that all products are free from any defects of manufacture and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. No warranty can be given as to the results of use because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of PERMA. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals to carry out tests & take trials to determine the suitability of products for their intended purpose prior to full scale usage of PERMA products and assumes all risks.
The company does not assume any liability for unsatisfactory results, arising from the use of our products. Purchaser’s sole liability is limited to replacement of product or refund of the purchase price paid if any product proven defective. No other warranties, express or implied, shall apply including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PERMA shall not be liable for any consequential damages arising from the use of our products for unsatisfactory results.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based on our experience through extensive research and is given in good faith in order to help prospective users. We reserve the right to update the information provided in our technical data sheet at any time without prior notice within the scope of technical progress or new developments.
Click the below Button to print the current page.