OUR PRODUCT RANGE
PERMA MASTER COAT
A NON-TOXIC, DECORATIVE AND PROTECTIVE EPOXY RESIN COATING. AVAILABLE IN A RANGE OF COLOURS
Perma Master Coat is an aesthetic and protective epoxy resin coating which has been specifically developed to meet the in service protection of concrete, metal, etc. The product is supplied as a two-pack system comprising of pigmented base and hardener. It requires only on site mixing to produce an easily applied decorative and chemical resistant finish. Master Coat coating will not support the growth of bacteria.
- For the external and internal protection of concrete or metal tanks containing drinking water, oils, consumable liquids, etc.
- Best used as floor and wall coating.
- It waterproofs the surfaces on which it is coated.
- Used as an impervious, resilient and chemical resistant floor or wall coating in food processing plants, breweries, canning and bottling factories and general waterproofing.
- Used as a protective and decorative coating in laboratories, abattoirs etc.
GUIDE TO APPLICATION
- Solvent free.
- High build coating
- Chemical resistant.
- Easily applied by brush or roller.
Perma Master Coat is resistant to the following typically encountered chemicals. Formaldehyde 40% solution, Sulphuric Acid 30% solution, Wine, Acetic Acid 5% solution, Diesel-Oil, Hydrochloric Acid 50% solution, Aviation Hydraulic Fuels (skydrol), Nitric Acid 10% solution and Vegetable oils. Master coat coating may slightly change color in certain chemical environments but the chemical resistance of the Master Coat film remains unchanged.
Where areas need to be over coated due to damage etc., it is important that the area to be treated is well abraded using stiff rotary wire brush or coarse sand paper to give adequate key. Completely strip off any unsound coating and proceed with over coating as for new work.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- The substrate should be a smooth or semi-smooth sound surface such as concrete or metal. It is most important to ensure that thorough surface preparation is undertaken prior to application of the Master Coat Coating.
- Ensure concrete is free from excessive laitance, grease, oil, curing compound etc. Ensure concrete is sound. Cut back wherever necessary and make good using suitable cementitious or epoxy repair system. Ensure all blow holes and surface imperfections are made good prior to application of the coating. Wire brushing followed by degreasing, acid etching or grit blasting may be necessary to remove laitance. Ensure concrete is at least 28 days old.
- All previous surface treatments should be removed taking the surface back to base metal. The base metal should be abraded and preferably shot blasted. Cleaning with solvent or a strong detergent is advisable to ensure surface is free from grease etc, Do not allow surface to re-oxidise before application of Master Coat.
- Perma Master Coat is supplied in two pre-weighted components, Base and Reactor, No additions or omissions are required. Add reactor contents to the base components and stir thoroughly for 3-4 minutes using a slow speed hand drill fitted with a paddle, Mix until a uniform color is achieved. Apply In two coats.
All equipment must be cleaned immediately after use with cleaning solvents. Similar procedures should be adopted for break periods exceeding fifteen minutes.
|Bond Strength||:||In excess of cohesive strength of mortar|
|Pot Life||:||45 min at 35°C|
|Tack Free Time||:||6 hours at 35°C|
|Initial/Full Cure||:||24 hrs/7 days|
|Specific Gravity||:||1.38 at 20°C dried|
|Dried Film thickness||:||100 microns per coat|
|Appearance||:||Smooth and glossy|
6 to 8 square meter, per kg per coat. Two coats are recommended.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Epoxy products generally cause irritation to the skin. Use of hand gloves by the workers is advised. Upon completion of day’s work all the packing material should be burnt and buried.
Perma Master Coat is available as a two component product in 1 kg and 40 kg pre-weighted packs.
Perma Master Coat has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
PERMA warrants that all products are free from any defects of manufacture and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. No warranty can be given as to the results of use because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of PERMA. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals to carry out tests & take trials to determine the suitability of products for their intended purpose prior to full scale usage of PERMA products and assumes all risks.
The company does not assume any liability for unsatisfactory results, arising from the use of our products. Purchaser’s sole liability is limited to replacement of product or refund of the purchase price paid if any product proven defective. No other warranties, express or implied, shall apply including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PERMA shall not be liable for any consequential damages arising from the use of our products for unsatisfactory results.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based on our experience through extensive research and is given in good faith in order to help prospective users. We reserve the right to update the information provided in our technical data sheet at any time without prior notice within the scope of technical progress or new developments.
Click the below Button to print the current page.